Welcome to my blog on Belize, Central America. I have been writing about my many years of travel (16) in Belize for a long time. Now I have gathered all my blogs together to form a travel-book.
I will update and add to this travel- book from time to time. This will give you the chance to return to it for up- to date info. Or you can check it out to refresh your memory. Or to reread a blog you want to read again.
To make blogs more accessible in a different way , my blog partner Shirley Howarth and I created Chez Belize, a virtual Café and Bar which exists somewhere in the stratosphere. Here you can order travel-foods off the take-out menu and dine on whatever appeals to your travel appetites. You can return whenever you want as you would to a good restaurant.
Let me suggest that you begin by ordering appetizer s from the menu , items #’s 1-3, Thinking Adventure, Arriving in Belize, and the Weather in Belize as tasty morsels which will tempt you to come back and enjoy our blog again.
If you are looking for something bolder, order #18 The Sting Ray Incident. It’s neither fish nor fowl and it may be hard to digest, but some say it’s an acquired taste and you may order it again from time to time.
SCROLL DOWN THE A LA CARTE MENU AND MAKE YOUR SELECTION
A LA CARTE MENU
- THINKING ADVENTURE? THINK BELIZE! – http://wp.me/p2orau-i Describes the chef’s reasons for opening the virtual cafe and bar Chez Belize which offers the adventurous traveller an option to the same old same vacation fare.
- ARRIVING IN BELIZE – http://wp.me/p2orau-s A tasty description of the countryside and the people you will see in Belize.
- THE WEATHER IN BELIZE – http://wp.me/p2orau-E Something to chew on – What to expect weather-wise when you visit Belize.
- THINGS TO THINK ABOUT – http://wp.me/p2orau-y Fill up on travel tips and info on packing, banking, medicine and good health
- BELIZE BY PLANE – http://wp.me/p2orau-Z – A tempting dish full of useful information on airlines, times, schedules, etc.
- BELIZE BY BUS – http://wp.me/p2orau-12 – A dish with lots of spicy info on how to get around Belize by bus.
- INLAND ADVENTURE IN SAN IGNACIO/SANTA ELENA – http://wp.me/p2orau-1g – A full course meal with an emphasis on getting there from the airport.
- COMPLETE THE INLAND ADVENTURE IN SAN IGNACIO – http://wp.me/p2orau-1k – A Buffet offering – Where to Go, Where to Stay, What to Eat (updated for 2015)
- INLAND ADVENTURE 2 -ORANGE WALK TOWN – HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT – http://wp.me/p2orau-1L
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #1, CAYE CAULKER: HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO EAT, WHERE TO STAY, WHAT TO DO – http://wp.me/p2orau-25 Hope you enjoy eating it as much as I did preparing it!
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #2, HOPKINS VILLAGE, HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY, 2014 – http://wp.me/p2orau-2F Enjoy!
- HOPKINS VILLAGE, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT – http://wp.me/p2orau-lF Bon appetit!
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #3, PLACENCIA VILLAGE, HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY – http://wp.me/p2orau-3Z You’re going to like this sumptuous delight!
- PLACENCIA VILLAGE: WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT – http://wp.me/p2orau-lP A Virtuoso dish designed to satisfy your craving for more information.
- TRANSITION DESTINATIONS IN BELIZE: BELIZE CITY – https://briansbelize.com/2013/05/15/transition-des…ze-belize-city/
- TRANSITION DESTINATION: BELIZE CITY , EXPLORING THE CITY, PART 1 – https://briansbelize.com/2013/05/31/transition-des…he-city-part-1/
- TRANSITION DESTINATION: DANGRIGA – https://briansbelize.com/2013/06/27/transition-destination-dangriga/
- THE STING RAY INCIDENT – http://wp.me/p2orau-nf – newly flavoured with a mixture of Spanish and Belizean Spice
- AN IN-DEPTH, PERSONAL ACCOUNT OF MY 2013 ADVENTURE IN BELIZE. PART 1 OF – 6 – http://wp.me/p2orau-cb – This deep-dish feast is spiced and flavoured with every-day travel activities, pictures and reflections on life and travel.
- BELIZEAN ADVENTURE 2013, – PART 2, SAN IGNACIO FAREWELL, HELLO TO HOPKINS VILLAGE AND HOPKINS INN – http://wp.me/p2orau-ce
- BELIZEAN ADVENTURE 2013, Edited with New Pictures – PART 3 BACK ON CAYE CAULKER – http://wp.me/p2orau-cJ
- BELIZIAN ADVENTURE 2013, Edited with New Pictures -Part 4, CAYE CAULKER continued – http://wp.me/p2orau-cX
- BELEZIAN ADVENTURE 2013, PART 5, EDITED WITH NEW PICTURES – http://wp.me/p2orau-dd
- BELIZEAN ADVENTURE 2013, PART 6 edited with new pictures – http://wp.me/p2orau-dv
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #1, CAYE CAULKER: HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO EAT, WHERE TO STAY, WHAT TO DO – http://wp.me/p2orau-25 – Updated for 2015
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #2 HOPKINS VILLAGE, HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY – Updated for 2015 – http://wp.me/p2orau-2F
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #2, 2015 HOPKINS VILLAGE CONTINUED …WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT – http://wp.me/p2orau-lF
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #3: PLACENCIA VILLAGE, HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY – updated for 2015 – http://wp.me/p2orau-3Z
- CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE #3, PLACENCIA VILLAGE continued – What to Do, Where to Eat – Updated for 2015 – http://wp.me/p2orau-lP
- IN-LAND ADVENTURES, SAN IGNACIO/SANTA ELENA – WHERE TO STAY, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT, Updated 2015 – http://wp.me/p2orau-1k
- SECOND IN-LAND ADVENTURE – ORANGE WALK TOWN, HOW TO GET THERE, WHERE TO STAY, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO EAT, Updated for 2015 – http://wp.me/p2orau-1L